not sorting -- solution found

AElfwine Mischler

Nov 1, 2020, 8:43:41 AM11/1/20
to SKYIndexUsers
I found the solution to my question about the ayn not sorting properly. I had copied the characters for ayn and hamza from a Word file I keep for that purpose. For some reason, Sky won't read them correctly to ignore them, even though they're the same Unicode number as the characters found in the Character Map. When I copied the characters from the Character Map into the Ignor box, the files sorted OK.
Don't know why the same happened with a curly bracket a few weeks ago, but that's for another day.

Happy indexing!

AElfwine
AElfwine Mischler
Personal email: aelfwine...@gmail.com
Member, Editorial Freelancers Assoc. (EFA)
Member, American Society for Indexing (ASI)

Shana Milkie

Nov 1, 2020, 12:46:19 PM11/1/20
to skyind...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for sharing your solution, Aelfwine! I'm glad it's working for you now, and this will help the rest of us.

- Shana Milkie