not sorting non-English articles

1 view

Siusan Moffat

Feb 15, 2023, 5:07:41 PM2/15/23
to SKYIndexUsers

Hi everyone,

Previously I've done this by hand, formatting El, La ect. so that they print but don't sort. That would be too much of a hassle for this book.

I went into Preferences and added "el,la" to the list already there (a,the) but it didn't resort the index. I've resorted, closed Sky, resorted... nothing is working... what am I missing?

Siusan

--
Siusan Moffat,
Indexing Society of Canada member

I acknowledge that I live and work in the
territory of the Anishinaabe, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat,
and the Mississaugas of the Credit River, now home to many
Indigenous Peoples and newcomers from around the globe. I
recognize that decolonization must be an active and ongoing
process of reconciliation.

Deborah Patton

Feb 15, 2023, 5:21:11 PM2/15/23
to Siusan Moffat, SKYIndexUsers
Are any of these true:
Use Ignore List – If checked, SKY Index will ignore the words in the ignore list when they appear at the beginning of an entry.
Not In Main Heading – If checked, SKY Index will not process the main heading field when checking for words to be ignored.
I found these at Options>Data Entry>Ignored Words -- under the list.

Maybe you have one or the other checked?
Deborah

Feb 15, 2023, 5:28:08 PM2/15/23
to Deborah Patton, SKYIndexUsers

Oh! Thank you Deborah. I was actually in the wrong place... This makes sense now. I don't even flip my "a, the"s, which I'm now thinking is what I was looking at under preferences.

Siusan