Stop formatting in subentries

AElfwine Mischler

Sep 28, 2021, 3:51:21 PM9/28/21
to SKYIndexUsers
Sky 8. This behavior started today when I’ve got maybe 500 records. Some of my subs do have formatting, whether italics or ignored text. But now every time I paste or type into the subentry field, Sky puts some sort of formatting on it. It has started doing it in the main entries too. Yes, I can use Ctrl+Alt+F10 to remove the formatting, but I have to do it now on every single record I enter. It seems to do this with everything, both words that are in its autocomplete memory and words that are typed or pasted for the first time.

How can I stop it from formatting in the first place?

Merci schön.

Ælfwine Mischler
Personal email: aelfwine...@gmail.com
Business email: aelf...@MischlerEditorial.com
Member, Editorial Freelancers Assoc. (EFA)
Member, American Society for Indexing (ASI)

Deborah Patton

Sep 28, 2021, 4:19:21 PM9/28/21
to AElfwine Mischler, SKYIndexUsers
Check Preferences>Data Entry and look at the settings for 'Always strip fonts when pasting Rich Text (mine's checked) and 'Always strip character styles when pasting Rich Text' (mine's not checked) and see what happens. Maybe those need to be adjusted??
If changing either of those settings doesn't fix this then there's a fun way to fix them. Let them go in with formatting and then, in the Grid, you can click on the gray box at the top of the Sub1 column (which says 'Sub1) -- which will highlight (select) that entire column and then click on Alt+Ctrl+F10 which will act on the entire column. Or you can do subsets of your index if it'll mess up other formatting you need to keep. You can think of this as 'having fun with your indexing software.'
I don't know why this is happening to you but I hope this helps,
Deborah

Sep 28, 2021, 7:21:40 PM9/28/21
to SKYIndexUsers
Have you tried updating Autocomplete (Alt+Ctrl+U)?  This sometimes fixes it -- but not always. Really annoying.
Michael