SKY today?

Rudy Leon

Oct 10, 2022, 4:11:02 PM10/10/22
to SKYIndexUsers
Has anyone had difficulties with SKY today? I'm wondering if there was a new Windows update or something that has messed with it. I've gotten realtime errors and crashes, and had the number entry boxes just stop taking input several times. This is aggravating, but also worrisome! and time consuming -- it really breaks flow to have to try to fix the issue, restart the program and sometimes reboot the system :(

Thank you,
Rudy Leon
Editorial Services for Early Career Scholars
http://www.evokewordsforhire.com/

Member EFA, ASI, ACES, and NWEG
Copyeditor: Journal of Policy Analysis and Management
Copyeditor: Journal of Library Outreach and Engagement

Millis Indexing

Oct 10, 2022, 4:22:25 PM10/10/22
to skyind...@googlegroups.com
I've been working with Sky all day today, and haven't had any issues.

Best,
Kendra
--
Kendra H. Millis
President, American Society for Indexing, 2017-2018

Millis Indexing Services
MillisIndexing.com

www.MaineFiberWorkshop.com

Rudy Leon

Deborah Patton

Oct 10, 2022, 4:39:40 PM10/10/22
to Rudy Leon, Millis Indexing, skyind...@googlegroups.com
But corruption can happen. When things go wonky and continue to go wonky, I'd suspect corruption. I have no idea how it shows up but I know the quickest fix is to create a new index and merge the one that's giving me fits into it. Sure I have to adjust the settings and/or apply a trusted template, but that usually clears things up. Some corruption is impossible to see even when you've turned on Reveal Codes.
Hope that clears up your issues.
Deborah