see also under

Siusan Moffat

May 20, 2022, 11:43:07 AM5/20/22
to SKYIndexUsers
Sky 8:

Can I not get "see also under..."? I'm using (? have no idea if I can
even turn it off) the new feature of Sky recognizing whether an xref is
"see also" or "see". When I do "see also under" the "under" does not
show up.

I don't often use the "under" but I've wanted it once in the last two

How do I fix this?

Thanks!

Siusan

--
Siusan Moffat,
Indexing Society of Canada member

I acknowledge that I live and work in the traditional
territory of the Anishinaabe, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat,
and the Mississaugas of the Credit River, now home to many
Indigenous Peoples and newcomers from around the globe. I
recognize that decolonization must be an active and ongoing
process of reconciliation.

Deborah Patton

May 20, 2022, 12:25:47 PM5/20/22
to Siusan Moffat, SKYIndexUsers
You can! Options>Index>Cross refs and you may need to scroll down past 'Cross-reference Settings' and past 'Targets' to 'General.'
The default for 'under' is as a Cross-reference leader which works like other cross refs so the target will stay in plain type. I sometimes have a whole bunch of things that start with a particular word, so I move under to General cross-reference identifiers so that box reads
'specific, under'
The acronym 'xref' definitely works for me.
Deborah