Cross-refs to headings with hidden note text

Theresa Duran

Jul 12, 2022, 1:27:16 PM7/12/22
to SKYIndexUsers

As I’ve mentioned before on this list, I am a happy SKY 7 user, but I occasionally use SKY 8—as in my last project, which involved a ton of obscure diacritics. As I was wrapping up that index, I discovered I had a few headings with formatting codes visible in the Word doc. Specifically, any cross-reference targets that had hidden note text would include their formatting codes, for example:

See also Atófòjọwò masks/x1queried/x0

See also carving knives/x1consume/x0

Where some people use labeIs, I tend to use hidden note text. I use macros to quickly insert standardized notes to myself such as “queried,”  “consume,” “delete,” and so forth. I freaked out when I saw the codes show up in Word, but luckily it was limited to the handful of xref targets.

Is this a known bug in SKY 8?

Theresa