Line Count in SKY

Pam Sanchez

Jan 30, 2023, 1:52:16 PM1/30/23
to SKYIndexUsers

Hi

I am relatively new at this, and I basically learn SKY while I am working on an index….Is there a function in SKY that can tell me how many  characters there are in a line of text?

Thanks for any wisdom!

Pam

Deborah Patton

Jan 30, 2023, 2:23:38 PM1/30/23
to Pam Sanchez, SKYIndexUsers
Line count (of characters across a line) depends on the font since some are variable and some are fixed. Courier New is fixed so if you customer wants a specific width (like so many characters wide), then use it.
Tools>Statistics will tell you how many lines based on the parameters you set up in Options>Document. One of my customers wants a more narrow column and specifies how many inches wide that is. To figure that out I used Courier New and messed with the margins to see how many across I could use before it wrapped.
Does that answer your question?
Deborah