Sky 8 -- Cross-references not formatting, just leaving coding

AElfwine Mischler

Nov 18, 2020, 4:38:06 AM11/18/20
to SKYIndexUsers
I am half-way through the first volume of a multivolume index. I have multiple indexes, and I'm doing an edit now of what I have before completing volume 1.

Cross references are not appearing as they should. "See" and "See also" are supposed to be in small caps, but instead they are showing up in the generated index as /a1See/a0. I don't even know what that coding is for, but I assume it's small caps. Why isn't it just appearing as it should? Bug in Sky, or did I do something wrong? (I doubt)

Thanks!

AElfwine Mischler
Personal email: aelfwine...@gmail.com
Member, Editorial Freelancers Assoc. (EFA)
Member, American Society for Indexing (ASI)

mjhw...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2020, 5:14:29 AM11/18/20
to SKYIndexUsers
That's what it does for me too. I reckon it's a bug. Report it. With any luck it'll be fixed by the time your index needs to be delivered; if not, it's easy enough to fix the final output in Word as a temporary workaround.
Michael