Bookmarks causing SKY to close

Kathy Berry

Oct 19, 2022, 1:00:58 PM10/19/22
to SKYIndexUsers
I've been using the Bookmark feature in SKY on my current index and it suddenly stopped working.  When I try to Toggle Bookmark (Ctrl 0) or Clear all Bookmarks, SKY just shuts down.  I can use Go To Next/Previous Bookmark just fine (even though the setting is to clear the bookmarks every time I make a new one, so those shouldn't be there).

Any idea how I get it to work again and stop crashing SKY?  I find it very useful during the editing phase (which I'm trying to do right now).  I've never had this problem before.

Thanks,
Kathy

Siusan Moffat

Oct 19, 2022, 1:03:34 PM10/19/22
to Kathy Berry, SKYIndexUsers

I've never used Bookmarks (didn't even know they existed!) But Sky (both 7 and 8) seem to crash at certain things, certain times. In my last couple of indexes it happens when I group and then try and copy something. I stop the crashing by naming the file something completely different and indexing with that going forward.

Good luck to you!

Siusan

Siusan Moffat,
Indexing Society of Canada member
http://about.me/siusanmoffat
absoluteindexing.com

I acknowledge that I live and work in the
territory of the Anishinaabe, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat,
and the Mississaugas of the Credit River, now home to many
Indigenous Peoples and newcomers from around the globe. I
recognize that decolonization must be an active and ongoing
process of reconciliation.

Kathy Berry

Oct 19, 2022, 2:06:06 PM10/19/22
to SKYIndexUsers
Thanks for the tip.  I tried just Closing my index, then I  Opened it again (without exiting Sky), and now it works.  I have no idea how it worked to just close and reopen it, but for now, that seems to have done the trick.  I'll keep in mind the trick to rename the file if/when Sky gives me other strange issues.

Kathy

Judi Gibbs

Oct 20, 2022, 11:09:18 AM10/20/22
to Kathy Berry, SKYIndexUsers

I find closing and reopening SKY often does solve problems. If that doesn’t work, rebooting may work.

I rarely have problems with SKY 7.

~Judi Gibbs