Cross references in SKY 7

Pam Sanchez

Feb 10, 2023, 11:18:23 AM2/10/23
to SKYIndexUsers

Ok, I am getting pretty frustrated with SKY 7, I have several instances where I have a ‘See also’ reference, and for whatever reason SKY isn’t putting it on a separate line.  It is part of a reference where the page numbers cause the S/H to wrap to the second line, then the See also follows the page reference without dropping to the next line.  I tried deleting the See also and then putting it back in, but it still does that.  Here us what it looks like in my index :

Tiepolo family, glaives of the palace guard of the, 123p,

    124–125. See also Glaives

Shouldn’t the See also Glaives drop to the next line???  SKY is doing this in three other places, is it because of the locators dropping to the turnover line?  I have several other cross-references, where it does not do this, but I noticed that the locators don’t turnover, so the cross-reference comes in on the next S/H level.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Pam

Judy Staigmiller

Feb 10, 2023, 11:31:00 AM2/10/23
to skyind...@googlegroups.com

Hi Pam,

Have you checked Options, Index, Cross-references, Placement? If I put my last index in indented style and see-also cross references as Last Subheading,  I *think* that is what you are talking about. :-)

Judy