Windows 11

ther...@pacbell.net

Jun 13, 2022, 5:16:42 PM6/13/22
to skyind...@googlegroups.com

Are any of you using SKY 7 or 8 on Windows 11? I just made the leap from an old PC tower to a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 11, and I’m having difficulties installing and running both versions of SKY. My issues may be unrelated to Windows, but I’m curious if anyone else encountered problems when they upgraded to the new OS.

Thanks,
Theresa

Ruth Ellis

Jun 14, 2022, 3:38:06 AM6/14/22
to SKYIndexUsers
I did the upgrade to Windows 11 within a month of it being available here in the UK. I have had no problems running SKY8 with it. Since it was an existing computer for me and you are on a new one, I guess your problem is more to do with the SKY installation process. If you are still stuck I would contact Kamm.

Ruth

valley...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2022, 8:14:43 AM6/14/22
to SKYIndexUsers
I upgrade to Win 11 about a month ago, my laptop is about 4 years old, found it took up so much disk reading space that it is only useful if not connected to internet.
Sue G

ther...@pacbell.net

Jun 14, 2022, 11:41:06 AM6/14/22
to skyind...@googlegroups.com

That’s good to hear, Ruth. I did finally get SKY8 to install after solving my issue with license deactivation, but it seems unstable. As I was customizing the settings, one of the toolbars that I tried to hide from view was still partially visible.

SKY7 crashes every time I try to open a file. I uninstalled/reinstalled it, but it was still having problems yesterday. Will try again today.

Theresa

Theresa Duran

Jun 22, 2022, 4:18:44 PM6/22/22
to SKYIndexUsers
Hi all,

I wanted to follow up on my original post about problems getting SKY installed on my new Lenovo laptop. The laptop seemed buggy for multiple reasons, so my tech support (aka husband) ended up wiping the disk and reinstalling the OS and all my data. Success! Both versions of SKY now work great, and the other issues were resolved as well. I didn't want to leave anyone with the impression that you might have problems if you upgraded to Windows 11.

Theresa

Deborah Patton

Jun 22, 2022, 4:58:18 PM6/22/22
to Theresa Duran, SKYIndexUsers
As it turns out I've had a bunch of computer issues in the last week and ended up buying a new machine which of course has Windows 11. SKY works fine on it.
Deborah