entries won't sort correctly

AElfwine Mischler

Dec 14, 2020, 10:02:04 AM12/14/20
to SKYIndexUsers
Sky 8
I have an index of place names (as well as three other indexes for this project) in which the main entries will not sort correctly. I have refreshed view, resorted, generated the index, closed everything and rebooted, generated the index again, and still they won't sort. It's happening in every letter group that I've looked at.

Asia Minor
Ajyad
'Aqaba

Bahrayn
Bosra
Basra
Bahrain
Bukhara
Baykand

Ceuta
Cairo
Constantinople

etc. etc. Every group.

This is a relatively short index. The Subject Index and others for this project sort OK, but this one won't.

Any ideas what might be happening? I don't see any coding or other things that should affect this.

Meanwhile, I will ask Kamm. I was hoping to turn this in today. 😠

Thanks.

AElfwine

AElfwine Mischler
Personal email: aelfwine...@gmail.com
Member, Editorial Freelancers Assoc. (EFA)
Member, American Society for Indexing (ASI)

AElfwine Mischler

Dec 15, 2020, 7:53:05 AM12/15/20
to SKYIndexUsers
I opened a new document and merged the corrupted one into it, and the entries are now sorting correctly. Whew!

AElfwine Mischler
Personal email: aelfwine...@gmail.com
Member, Editorial Freelancers Assoc. (EFA)
Member, American Society for Indexing (ASI)

On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 2:23 AM Maria Sosnowski <ma...@index-plus.com> wrote:

I have no clue what could be causing this, but if when you find out from Kamm please post the answer!

Maria