Bold locator priority

Madelon Nanninga-Franssen

Oct 28, 2022, 2:56:10 PM10/28/22
to SKYIndexUsers
Dear all,

I am indexing a suite of contracts that work with (among others) clause numbers instead of page numbers. I find it tricky to get them to sort correctly, especially since SKY always keeps the bold locators in the beginning of the range.

I have, for example, these lists of locators:

11X29, X12.1, p.50

92, X11.2, 90.2–3

I need them to be:

11, X12.1, X29, p.50

90.2–3, 92, X11.2

Do you guys know of a way to:
  • Stop SKY from sorting bold locators in the beginning of the list? I tried Index options > locators > assign locator format priority > unchecked the box, but nothing happens when I try that.
  • Let me sort by clause numbers first, followed alphabetically by "Options" (capital letter followed by a number), and then page numbers ("p.1")
I hope that you have some ideas. Thank you.

All the best,
Madelon Nanninga

Deborah Patton

Oct 28, 2022, 3:19:37 PM10/28/22
to Madelon Nanninga-Franssen, SKYIndexUsers
When I have thorny locator questions, I review John Bealle's locator guide: http://www.bealleindexing.ej345.com/SkyLocators.html
Maybe there'll be something in it for you --
Deborah