"No records" error

John Sampson

Jul 5, 2022, 7:59:15 AM7/5/22
to SKYIndexUsers
I tried to group on a main heading which I had ending with "[qq]" and there was an error message "Requested group contains no records". I removed the "[qq]" ending and the grouping worked as expected. Is this a known phenomenon in Sky 7?

mjhw...@gmail.com

Jul 5, 2022, 8:10:22 AM7/5/22
to SKYIndexUsers
In my experience, avoid using special characters in searches as they often have a special meaning, even if you don't check the "Wildcards" options.
Michael

Maria Sosnowski

Jul 5, 2022, 9:21:15 AM7/5/22
to SKYIndexUsers

I just added [qq] to a couples entries in my current index, and then did a find on that, and it worked correctly.

I did control-F, then put [qq] in the “find” box, ticked the “group results” box, and ran the search.  Both entries came up.

I’m wondering if you are doing something different?

Maria

John Sampson

Jul 5, 2022, 10:13:35 AM7/5/22
to SKYIndexUsers
I was grouping directly, shift-F6, with the marquee on the Main field.
John

Deborah Patton

Jul 5, 2022, 2:35:49 PM7/5/22
to John Sampson, SKYIndexUsers
From the User's Guide:
"If you want to enter a question mark (?), asterisk (*), pound sign (#), or left square bracket ([) as part of your search phrase, you must enter them within square brackets like this [?], [*], [#] or [[]."
I searched for 'square' in the User's Guide and found the subentry 'for group on text.' In the one I have that came along with the installation of SKY, that sub pointed to p.138.
Deborah