error 13: type mismatch

Sandy

Oct 21, 2021, 10:14:31 AM10/21/21
to skyind...@googlegroups.com
Do others get this error message? I am using SKY version 8 and it
occurs at times. I do repair it, but it would be nice to never have
it occur again.

I also get a runtime error which I cannot repair easily. That one is
unpleasant, to say the least.

Sandy Sadow

AElfwine Mischler

Oct 21, 2021, 10:21:14 AM10/21/21
to Sandy, SKYIndexUsers
I get the type mismatch often, usually when I first open the index. I just ignore it and it doesn't seem to affect anything. If you check the archives, someone asked about this a few months ago. (It might have been me, when the message popped up at a different time.)

What do you do to repair it?

Ælfwine Mischler
Personal email: aelfwine...@gmail.com
Member, Editorial Freelancers Assoc. (EFA)
Member, American Society for Indexing (ASI)

Sandy

Oct 21, 2021, 11:18:25 AM10/21/21
to AElfwine Mischler, SKYIndexUsers
Under File, File Management, Repair. I find the file I am working on,
and it comes back repaired.
Sandy

Nigel D'Auvergne

Oct 22, 2021, 5:09:35 AM10/22/21
to SKYIndexUsers
Same as Ælfwine - just ignore it - it goes away with no effects. Not sure repairing the file actually does anything.
It's been mentioned several times over the last few years. A common explanation (not specifically for Sky) is that a field is 'expecting' a particular type of data (text, date, number etc.) but receives a different type. As far as I know, Kamm has not yet identified the code responsible, or intriguingly - why it happens only intermittently. I've tried to identify the preceding actions, but the explanation remains 'out there' yet to be retrieved!
Nigel

On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 10:21 AM AElfwine Mischler <aelfwine...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I get the type mismatch often, usually when I first open the index. I
> just ignore it and it doesn't seem to affect anything. If you check
> the archives, someone asked about this a few months ago. (It might
> have been me, when the message popped up at a different time.)
>
> What do you do to repair it?
>
> Mischler
> Personal email: aelfwine...@gmail.com Business email:
> aelf...@mischlereditorial.com
> Website: www.MischlerEditorial.com
> Member, Editorial Freelancers Assoc. (EFA) Member, American Society
> for Indexing (ASI)
>

> On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 4:14 PM Sandy <chest...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Do others get this error message? I am using SKY version 8 and it
>> occurs at times. I do repair it, but it would be nice to never have
>> it occur again.
>>
>> I also get a runtime error which I cannot repair easily. That one is
>> unpleasant, to say the least.
>>
>> Sandy Sadow

AElfwine Mischler

Russell Santana

Oct 22, 2021, 1:22:40 PM10/22/21
to AElfwine Mischler, SKYIndexUsers
I'm by no means an expert, but I've been suspecting that this has to do with invisible and/or ignored text (Ctrl-T/K). I've had it happen to me several times. I too just click "Ok" (or whatever it is that pops up with that warning), and ignore it and just keep on indexing. I've never had a permanent problem.

Russell J. Santana

E4 Editorial Services LLC
copyediting proofreading indexing | translation | interpretation
linkedin | proz | ata | asi | efa
skype      russellsantana
twitter   @russelljsantana