can't get run on style

katie.w...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2024, 12:11:22 PMJun 5
to SKYIndexUsers
hi

I am in a bit of a panic as I am trying to format my index to email through today.  this is the first time I have used Sky since being a student.  When I click run-on style it presents my subheadings in a list with semi-colons in front.

what on earth have I done wrong?

thanks

Katie

AElfwine Mischler

Jun 5, 2024, 12:22:36 PMJun 5
to katie.w...@gmail.com, SKYIndexUsers
It always shows up that way in the Index Pane. The run-on style will show in the generated index.

Ælfwine Mischler
May – Sept. 2024: time zone -5 UCT
Personal email: aelfwine...@gmail.com
American Society for Indexing (ASI)

Heidi Blough

Jun 5, 2024, 12:23:26 PMJun 5
to katie.w...@gmail.com, SKYIndexUsers

Did you generate the index in Word to see if the formatting is correct?

Heidi

katie.w...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2024, 12:38:37 PMJun 5
to SKYIndexUsers
I can't believe that never occurred to me.  Index generated and panic over - thank you!

Deborah Patton

Jun 5, 2024, 12:51:29 PMJun 5
to katie.w...@gmail.com, SKYIndexUsers
Oh don't worry Katie! It's happened to all of us.
Did you ever notice that when someone says the software is 'intuitive' it's usually intuitive for the person writing the program but not so much for others? Once we get over this hump we're good to go so we don't mention it to others (usually). But until we can, then it's definitely panic time!
Welcome to SKY --
Deborah