SKY 7 Error Check

Pam Sanchez

Jan 11, 2023, 12:21:20 PM1/11/23
to SKYIndexUsers

I am working on an index and the error check keeps ‘tagging’ my cross-references saying that there is none there, or that it is not ‘identified’ the same way.  Problem is, the cross-reference is there.  Here is how it appears in my index: Kohl. See Coll, Heinrich.  Coll, Heinrich appears as a MH with a single reference as shown below:

Coll, Heinrich, swordsmith in Germany (clan of Solingen), 102.

Since this would be a ‘widowed/orphaned’ heading, is the cross reference not ‘finding it’ because it has the SH on the same line as the MH?  This isn’t the first time this happened.  I had to totally do away with the SH for another word in order for the Error Scan continue….?  Any ideas?

Thanks

Pam

Jochen Fassbender

Jan 11, 2023, 1:01:53 PM1/11/23
to skyind...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pam,

I tried to reproduce your error (in SKY 7) with the exact wording of your example but Error Scan didn't ring the alarm.

I would suggest to delete and recreate the cross-reference in question by copying the main heading "Coll, Heinrich" while the marquee is in that field, then renew the "See" and pasting the target after "See". This way you could avoid e.g. any extra spaces or hidden characters which might have sneaked in.

Again in SKY 7, sometimes a few of my orphan subheadings might not merge with their main heading in the index pane despite "Merge Orphans" being activated. But the generated index show them correctly merged and this problem doesn't affect Error Scan either, so I can live with this minor nuisance.

Jochen

Deborah Patton

Jan 11, 2023, 3:45:18 PM1/11/23
to SKYIndexUsers
I should have also sent this to the list -- oops!

Jan 12, 2023, 12:12:34 PM1/12/23
to Deborah Patton, SKYIndexUsers