Cross References

Carrie Brady

Sep 25, 2020, 11:57:52 AM9/25/20
to SKYIndexUsers
Hi
I'm working on a rather large index (the Laws of Maryland passed in 2020), and our indexing is thesaurus based, so we have established main headings and cross references used every year. I'm working on the cross references now, and because the index itself is so long, I decided to try and type up all the cross references from the thesaurus, with the plan to merge that into the main index file later and run all the error checks. But I have a couple of questions.

First, has anybody done this before? And if so, did it work the way you planned?

Second, is there a more efficient way of setting up a file of cross references that can just be applied to an index?

Thanks for your collective knowledge.
Carrie Brady
Manager, Cataloging and Indexing
Maryland Department of Legislative Services Library