Installing SkyEye under MinGW

Pica...@gmx.de

Apr 20, 2015, 10:00:21 AM4/20/15
to skyeye-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi im trying to get SkyEye to run under Windows 7-64bit,

i followed the instructions here:
http://skyeye.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/How_to_compile_and_install_skyeye_on_windows

in the skyeye folder
$ ./autogen.sh
+ autoreconf -i -f -v
resulted in this:
./autogen.sh: line 9: autoreconf: command not found

So autoconfiguration is not found.
I searched the share folder and libraries seem to be there..
I looke at the PATH variable, and added the MINGW-Path there.
I tryied to run ./configure but got it frozze when finding dynamic libraries.

In Addition:
I have on additional MinGW install, which i use for crosscompilation purposes.
If you want me to try additional steps or to provide additional Information, just contact me or write a reply here, so that future MinGW SkyEye Users find a way to use this.

Regards Picasso

Pica...@gmx.de

Apr 20, 2015, 3:17:22 PM4/20/15
to skyeye-s...@googlegroups.com, Pica...@gmx.de
I made a better translation of the side in the wikki, could somebody with wikki rights add it.

1. Introduction
2. Preparation
3. Compilation and Installation of Skyeye
4. Running Skyeye
5. Additional Info

Introduction
Skyeye is a system simulator, suitable for many plattforms.
You may have allready encountered skyeye, when programming for android phones, integrated into the Eclipse IDE.
The current version of Skyeye for Windows supports ARM and PowerPC simulations, but some functions are not available due to a hash-table incompatability between Linux and Windows.

Preparation:
Skyeye needs six packages to succesfully compile in a Windows enviroment.

1) A special version of Msys
A tutorial and Introduction to msys :
http://code.google.com/p/msys-cn/
Download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/skyeye/files/windows_development/MSYS-SkyEye-2.0.msi/download

2) Into the Msys Installation:
Install this particular MinGW Install. It contains tools and libraries needed.
Download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/skyeye/files/windows_development/MINGW_SKYEYE.msi/download

3) Install Python (a script runtime enviroment) and vi (a texteditor)
Python Download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/skyeye/files/windows_development/python-2.6.msi/downloadc
VI editor Download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/skyeye/files/windows_development/gvim72_PConline.exe/download

4) Get Git. Git is a svn Software, that allows you to get the latest Skyeye code from a repository.
Download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/skyeye/files/windows_development/Git-1.7.4-preview20110204.exe/download

5) Installation Instructions:
Msys, MinGW, VI need there default Installations. Pyhton needs to be installed into the MinGW Folder.

3. Compilation and Installation of Skyeye
1) Getting the source:
Open the Msys/tsinghua/ folder.
Git should have installed a Git-Bash-Here command in your right-click-menue.
Use it. In the opening bash write:
Git clone git: //skyeye.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/skyeye/skyeye
This will download the sourcecode into a new folder named skyeye.
2) Compiling Skyeye
Open the commando shell, by clicking on msys.bat.
Navigate to the  home directory (cd #) find the folder \tsinghua\ (ls [Enter] cd tsinghua)
Enter:
./autogen.sh
automake
./configure
make
make install

The compilation should be swift, as the third party libraries are packaged in the msys enviroment.
If there are no errors, skyeye will be installed.
Add to the windows path your path to mingw, so python.exe will finde the skyeye runtime.

4. Running Skyeye
Segments will show some dynamic compilation errors. But those are solveable.
Create a testconfiguration skyeye.conf.
arch:arm
cpu: arm7tdmi

mach: at91

mem_bank: map=M, type=RW,  addr=0x00000000,  size=0x10000000
mem_bank: map=I, type=RW,  addr=0xf0000000,  size=0x10000000
 uart: mod = stdio
Run some testcases:
/opt/skyeye/bin/skyeye -n -e testcase
-n is required to call skyeye directly, else the commandline operation throws the hashtable error.

5. Additional Info

The error seems to occure due to a lack of msvcrtd.dll.
This is the case  windows does not currently support full llvm runs.

Question : I get the error Python.h is not found
Answer: It is not necessary to build python in the mingw directory.
Just install it directly into the mingw directory.

Michael.Kang

Apr 20, 2015, 10:41:11 PM4/20/15
to skyeye-simulator, tsinghua_bsp
We provide the mingw package in our sourceforge site as the following:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/skyeye/files/windows_development/

We add a lot of libraries and tools (including LLVM) required by
skyeye building.
That is our recommendation way.

-- ksh

--
www.skyeye.org

Michael.Kang

Apr 20, 2015, 10:42:40 PM4/20/15
to skyeye-simulator, Pica...@gmx.de
Thanks a lot. You are very kind. I will add it into skyeye official wiki:
http://skyeye.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

-- ksh