Docker Image for Sky

Daniel Fagnan

Aug 3, 2013, 12:00:31 AM8/3/13
to sk...@googlegroups.com
I just finished setting up a docker image for skydb (unstable). I included two patches (which I've sent PRs for) to make it work for Ubuntu 12.10. I'm currently using Vagrant with CoreOS and it works wonderfully.

1) `docker pull thehydroimpulse/skydb`
2) `docker run -p 4000 -d thehydroimpulse/skydb /usr/lib/go/bin/skyd -p 4000`
3) `docker ps` (find the container and the external port that maps to 4000 so you can use it)

Thoughts?

Ben Johnson

Aug 4, 2013, 12:48:14 PM8/4/13
to sk...@googlegroups.com
hey Daniel-

I just commented on the two PRs you sent. As for Docker, I have to admit that I haven't used it before (although I really want to find the time to play with it). What you have looks pretty simple and straightforward though. Let me know if you want me to pull it into an official `skydb/skyd` on Docker.

Thanks!