Sky Language

Ben Johnson

Apr 7, 2013, 6:16:34 PM4/7/13
to sk...@googlegroups.com
I've been thinking about implementing a vaguely SQL-like query language after I get distributed processing in. It'll still be possible to submit a the query AST as a JSON object but I figured it would be easier to understand the query system with a more natural language.

I'd like to get some feedback on the styling of it. Suggestions on names would be helpful too as I'm not sure what it'd be called as the acronym for Sky Query Language could get confusing. :)

Simple, dimensioned selection: https://gist.github.com/benbjohnson/5332670
Simple, conditional selection: https://gist.github.com/benbjohnson/5332684
Multi-step funnel analysis: https://gist.github.com/benbjohnson/5332712

I also need to add a construct to loop over periods of time relative to an event for doing cohort analysis. Something like this:

It'd be cool to drill into a cohort and see a histogram too. Or do a cohort analysis based on a funnel. All kinds of fun stuff with the query language.

Please let me know any thoughts! I'm trying to make the language simple. Any suggestions for features are welcome too!

Ben