[ANN] SkyDB client for Python

Jonathan Moss

Feb 23, 2014, 2:29:13 AM2/23/14
to sk...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I came across SkyDB a week or so ago and got so excited I wrote a python client library for it. It is pretty much feature complete but I would like to add some more smarts, particularly around querying.

I based it on the Ruby implementation but with some changes to make it more pythonic (whatever that means ;-)

Anywho you can see it at: https://github.com/a-musing-moose/sky-py

It covers all the basics of working with tables, properties, events and making queries. It also has 100% unit test coverage.

What It doesn't have yet is any documentation, but that will come shortly I hope.

It is compatible with python 2.7 and 3.3 and can be installed using:

pip install sky

Hope someone finds it of use and keep up the great work on SkyDB. Thanks for all your efforts so far!

Regards,
Jon

Ben Johnson

Feb 24, 2014, 10:15:49 AM2/24/14
to Jonathan Moss, sk...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the Python client! I don't know Python myself but the code looks straightforward and clean. Nice test coverage too. :)

Don't worry about making the querying more intelligent. The JSON querying is going away and there's a text-based query language coming in v0.4.0. The query results will be in the same format. There's not any documentation on the query language yet but the SkyQL-related PRs (starting from #119) are well documented.

--
Ben

Jonathan Moss

Feb 24, 2014, 10:26:41 PM2/24/14
to sk...@googlegroups.com, Jonathan Moss
Thanks for the heads up Ben - I did wonder where all the sql like syntax I saw in the presentation etc. was coming from - good to know it is on the way and I look forward to seeing it drop in 0.4.

Regards,
Jon