Running Pygame in Skulpt.

rth...@codecraftworks.com

Dec 1, 2017, 11:08:15 AM12/1/17
to Skulpt
Hello,

I am been using skulpt for python I did some research on pygame with skulpt but did not succeed. Can anyone suggest is there a way I can use pygame with skulpt ?.

Paul Prescod

Feb 4, 2018, 2:08:07 PM2/4/18
to Skulpt

Paul Prescod

Feb 4, 2018, 2:34:39 PM2/4/18
to Skulpt
PyGame seems to be mostly written in C, so it would be a lot of work to port it to any platform based on another programming language:

Austin Bart

Feb 5, 2018, 9:51:44 AM2/5/18
to Skulpt
I was looking into this a while back. I'm very interested in it becoming a reality, but don't have the cycles. However, I found the following:

Trinket has the start of an implementation: https://github.com/trinketapp/pygame.sk

I figured this would also be a great reference (Pygame in JS): http://www.pygame.org/project-Pyjsdl-2888-4709.html

It seemed to me like this would be a good project for someone with a bit of freetime on hand. There's no reason why it couldn't work from a technical perspective, it's just a matter of filling out the API.