Pausing, stopping and debugging Skulpt programs

Paul Prescod

Feb 8, 2018, 8:32:58 PM2/8/18
to Skulpt
I would like to be able to send debugger-style commands to a Skulpt program from Javascript, but I'm not sure where to begin.

In order of priority:

 * kill script
 * pause
 * continue
 * step in

I won't even worry about stack inspection for the foreseeable future.

 - Paul

Austin Bart

Feb 10, 2018, 1:18:50 PM2/10/18
to Skulpt
You could do something clever with promises. For the Input function in BlockPy, we override the built-in function with a special one: https://github.com/RealTimeWeb/blockpy/blob/master/src/engine.js#L122

Paul Prescod

Feb 10, 2018, 4:44:08 PM2/10/18
to Skulpt
Thanks Austin. I remembered that Skulpt.org has a debugger demo which I will reverse engineer.

Björn T

Feb 6, 2019, 5:17:48 AM2/6/19
to Skulpt
Hey Paul,
do you find a way?

14574...@qq.com

Mar 4, 2019, 2:08:41 AM3/4/19
to Skulpt
is there anyone has a solution . how trinket stop.

在 2018年2月9日星期五 UTC+8上午9:32:58,Paul Prescod写道: