Using external modules in Skulpt

Ярига Олег

Mar 30, 2020, 12:36:42 PM3/30/20
to Skulpt
I can't import any modules into Sculpt. For example, I'm trying to add a numpy module:
Sk.externalLibraries = {
    numpy
: {
          path
: 'https://raw.githubusercontent.com/waywaaard/skulpt_numpy/master/numpy/__init__.js'

},

'numpy.random': {
         path
: 'https://raw.githubusercontent.com/waywaaard/skulpt_numpy/master/numpy/random/__init__.js'

}
};

But when I type import numpy in the browser, sculpt writes: there is No module named numpy

I need to add several modules: numpy, matplotlib, scipy, and jcamp. How can I do this?

Recently I've read, that Sk.externalLibraries are not supported more. But I didn't found the replacement of this construction. I don't know JS enough, but I need to add external libs in Sculpt. Please, help!

Martin Sadloň

Apr 4, 2020, 7:29:19 PM4/4/20
to Skulpt
Hi,
I'm facing to same problem and still didn't found answer. I hope somebody will answer.
Where did you found information about Sk.externalLibraries is not supported anymore?
I found out that it's not supported (it's missing in Skulpt source code) but I didn't found any notice about it. Do you know when it was removed?

Ярига Олег

Apr 5, 2020, 2:35:25 AM4/5/20
to Skulpt
>>>Where did you found information about Sk.externalLibraries is not supported anymore?
I found it in some topic on github. But I don't know what was it replaced with. No documentation, no support, no community.

Did you found somthing we can use instead Skulpt?