ITR-1 for AY 2014-15

Sankaran Venkatarama Iyer

Jul 3, 2015, 9:16:36 AM7/3/15
to skorydovmytaxassistant
Dear friends of the forum,
I am an Individual Male Senior Citizen (Aged 67 Years) residing in Chennai.
I am drawing Pension and getting interest on Bank Fixed deposits and combining both the income I am liable to Pay income tax in the first slab (10%).
I filed ITR-I for AY 2014-15 online on 05-07-2014. While filing the return I made the following mistakes.
1) In the Tax section PREPAID TAXES instead of entering the TDS2 on other than salary I entered the figures under the first section pertaining to TDS1 on salaries.

2) The same figures were inadvertantly repeated under Advance Tax and Self Assessment tax paid section.

Since the tax credits (Rs.32079/- as per 26AS) at Income Tax Department was not available based on the above claims the claim for refund of Rs.14,460/- was rejected and a demand for the amount of Tax due on the net taxable income amounting to Rs20625/- was raised enclosing a- challan No.280 on 09-01-2015.

Actually TDS was dedeucted by the Bank at the time of payment of interest and the same was verified by me with 26AS in the income tax website.

Realising the mistake I opted to file a rectification return through efiling website on 22-01-2015. I opted for the prefil entry and found the tax credit of Rs.32079/- as per 26AS but this time I made a mistake by entering the wrong year as 2014 instead of 2013.

CPC of IT department processed the rectification return and rejected the claim for refund due to mismatch of tax credit as per 26AS and raised the same demand for payment of Tax of Rs.20625/- enclosing the same Challan on 17-06-2015

While opting for rectification a couple of days back I tried to proceed in entering the details but the latest communication reference number dated 17-06-2015 was not taken and hence I could not proceed.

I request any of you to guide me how to file another rectification to claim a refund of Rs.11454/-(Rs.32079-20625).

Thanking you,
Yours sincerely,
Sankaran Venkatarama Iyer.

Jayant Ajinkya

Jul 3, 2015, 1:18:39 PM7/3/15
to skorydovmyt...@googlegroups.com

Pls file an appeal against the order passed for rectification with Comm of Itax appeals

sankar...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2015, 2:41:04 PM7/3/15
to skorydovmyt...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Mr. Bryant Ajinkya for the immediate response.
Now my question is I am not able to furnish the latest communication reference in the rectification request format and informing me to enter the correct communication reference.
Regarding filing of appeal whom should I file is the question and is there any prescribed format.
Please advise clearly.
Thanking you.

Yours sincerely,
Sankaran Venkatarama Iyer.

Sent from my ASUS

Jayant Ajinkya

Jul 3, 2015, 11:34:52 PM7/3/15
to skorydovmyt...@googlegroups.com

My name is Jayant, also you need to file the appeal to your jurisdictional Comm of Income Tax appeals.  Check out your jurisdiction ito from the online website.

Sankaran Venkatarama Iyer

Jul 4, 2015, 12:06:28 AM7/4/15
to skorydovmyt...@googlegroups.com

Thank you very much.