Quality of the latest release, good to go?

Holmes Wilson

Mar 14, 2011, 6:28:21 PM3/14/11
to skipscreen-c...@googlegroups.com
Hey all--

So, any issues or problems using Skipscreen for Chrome? Is the experience good overall? We ready to launch?

Known issues:

* Preference panel is missing
* Mediafire not working yet

--Holmes

D B

Mar 14, 2011, 6:31:21 PM3/14/11
to skipscreen-c...@googlegroups.com
Per my previous post, it wasn't working on 4shared either, though I wasn't sure it was supposed to do anything there.  Otherwise all seems as you say.

Sent while doing mid-air tricks on my motorcycle.

Паша

Mar 14, 2011, 6:31:08 PM3/14/11
to skipscreen-c...@googlegroups.com, Holmes Wilson
Think, we're ready =)
Искренне ваш.

Holmes Wilson

Mar 14, 2011, 8:03:42 PM3/14/11
to skipscreen-c...@googlegroups.com, skipscr...@googlegroups.com
I don't have the list of Chrome-supported sites handy, one of the devs will send that out, which will be totally helpful.

Thanks everyone!
--Holmes

jeffbbz

Mar 15, 2011, 11:37:11 AM3/15/11
to Skipscreen Chrome Testers
Macbook Pro Core Duo (the ones from 2006), Mac OS X 10.6.6, Chrome
10.0.648.133, Extensions:
1 click 2 Chrome Web Store, 1Password, AdBlock, BugMeNot, Context Menu
Search, Downloads Button, Extensions Button, FlashBlock, History
Button, IMDb Links, iReader, Invisible Hand, Personal Blocklist,
Postponer Adder/Manager, Right Click and Translate, RSS Feeder, Send
To Google Maps, SearchPreview, Skipscreen, SpeedDial, Stylebot, Text
URL Linker, Yah's Link Checker for Chrome, and more... (do I really
need to list all of them? what can I say, I'm a firefox switcher so
I'm addicted to extensions)

Hotfile: working (but have to write captcha, aren't you sometimes able
to skip this in the firefox version?)
Rapidshare: initially works but the last "download now" or whatever
doesn't start without my help
Zshare: pretends to work and skips to last screen but then does
nothing. (in other words I need to manually click the last download
link)
mediafire: not working (yep you know but its the most important one!)
megaupload: works perfectly
deposit files: not working. Get an error that says: "Skipscreen -
depositfiles generated error: Error:
chrome.extension.getBackgroundPage is not supported in content
scripts. See the content scripts documentation for more details."

I don't know what else it is supposed to work on yet, since there are
no options anymore but just in case:
uploading.com: nope
Filesonic: nope
sendspace: nope

Overall, the experience is decent and its better than nothing. Its
definitely not totally awesome and there are still a lot of rough
ends, especially compared to the breezy experience of the firefox
version. In anycase one of my most essential extensions, so great
work!

Chris Recon

Mar 15, 2011, 11:45:56 AM3/15/11
to skipscreen-c...@googlegroups.com
Confirmed the same as jeffbbz wrote!

Nicholas Jaber

Mar 15, 2011, 11:55:33 PM3/15/11
to skipscreen-c...@googlegroups.com
depositfile is not working.

Holmes Wilson

Mar 16, 2011, 8:10:29 AM3/16/11
to skipscreen-c...@googlegroups.com, Jeff Avatar
Bringing in Jeff here:

> Hotfile: working (but have to write captcha, aren't you sometimes able
> to skip this in the firefox version?)

No, I think sometimes it just doesn't appear. The captcha we skipped was on megaupload. Simple captchas we can skip, but reCAPTCHA and similar we can't.

> Rapidshare: initially works but the last "download now" or whatever
> doesn't start without my help

Okay, Jeff can you create a ticket for this and fix this quickly?

> Zshare: pretends to work and skips to last screen but then does
> nothing. (in other words I need to manually click the last download
> link)

Same with this one?

> mediafire: not working (yep you know but its the most important one!)

Yep we know that too :)

> megaupload: works perfectly
> deposit files: not working. Get an error that says: "Skipscreen -
> depositfiles generated error: Error:
> chrome.extension.getBackgroundPage is not supported in content
> scripts. See the content scripts documentation for more details."

I think we should release without it for now, then fix.

> I don't know what else it is supposed to work on yet, since there are
> no options anymore but just in case:
> uploading.com: nope
> Filesonic: nope
> sendspace: nope

--Holmes

jeffbbz

Mar 16, 2011, 12:01:30 PM3/16/11
to Skipscreen Chrome Testers

> > Rapidshare: initially works but the last "download now" or whatever
> > doesn't start without my help
>
> Okay, Jeff can you create a ticket for this and fix this quickly?
>
> > Zshare: pretends to work and skips to last screen but then does
> > nothing. (in other words I need to manually click the last download
> > link)
>
> Same with this one?

Holmes,

Sorry for my ignorance but where do i go to do that?

jeffbbz

Holmes Wilson

Mar 17, 2011, 8:18:41 AM3/17/11
to skipscreen-c...@googlegroups.com, Jeff Avatar
Oops... too many Jeff's. I meant Jeff-skipscreen-developer :)

--Holmes

joe

Apr 12, 2011, 11:33:15 PM4/12/11
to Skipscreen Chrome Testers

it dosent work for rapidshare
On Mar 14, 6:31 pm, Паша <pavel.finkelsht...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Think, we're ready =)
> Искренне ваш.

Kojiro_S

Apr 24, 2011, 10:47:26 PM4/24/11
to Skipscreen Chrome Testers
For Hotfile and other sites using the still-solid reCaptcha, maybe you
could make them give you the captcha prompt before the countdown ends.
For Hotfile, at least, I know of a GM script that does just that:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/78040

Holmes Wilson

Apr 25, 2011, 7:19:49 PM4/25/11
to skipscreen-c...@googlegroups.com
This is a great suggestion.

--Holmes

Steve

May 6, 2011, 4:29:32 PM5/6/11
to Skipscreen Chrome Testers
On Filestube it automatically jumps to the download page, but if the
download has been deleted from the site this creates a problem because
the auto-forwarding makes it impossible to try the other sources on
the file page.

Also, today I noticed that skipscreen hasn't been working on
4shared.com for me either.

Thanks,
Steve