Is drawing unicode text possible? (by drawText)

gke...@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2013, 3:41:18 AM2/27/13
to skia-d...@googlegroups.com
I have to draw unicode text (japanese, korean, chinese).
My project is android / native / skia.

SkCanvas::drawText

Drawing alphabet or number is possible.
But unicode text drawing is not possible. just crash....

SKIA. Is it support unicode text?????

Ben Wagner

Feb 27, 2013, 10:37:13 AM2/27/13
to skia-d...@googlegroups.com
drawText does no glyph shaping, so if a character does not have a 1:1
glyph mapping in the cmap table you will see problems (usually
characters not showing up). If you're seeing a crash, you probably
haven't set the SkPaint::TextEncoding on the paint correctly (using
SkPaint::setTextEncoding). The default encoding is utf-8, if you're on
Windows you probably have utf-16 (or something close enough).