Bad Path performance

sukovf

Sep 3, 2021, 9:13:20 AM9/3/21
to skia-discuss
Hi,
I've recently switched to the M94 branch from the M*not*sure*what* (not older than 7 months) - it was one of the versions where the Corner Path effect was broken and was causing the whole thing to crash.

In the M94, this issue has been fixed (probably a few branches before that one) but the same code that used to be pretty fast is now like 3 times slower when drawing paths (simple paint with antialiasing enabled, stroke style and a solid color). I didn't notice any performance-related issues when drawing anything else (rects, text, etc.).

Did the path rendering logic changed somehow during the past few months?

Win10x64
C++
built from source using Ninja

Thanks,
Martin

sukovf

Sep 3, 2021, 1:16:34 PM9/3/21
to skia-discuss
UPDATE:
Things are getting really crazy. I can draw hundreds and hundreds of paths with no significant performance cost as long as they are comprised of only either horizontal or vertical lines (relative to screen space). When I rotate the canvas by say 45 degrees, performance goes to hell. With disabled antialiasing on paint, I can rotate the canvas however I want with virtually zero performance impact.

Is there any antialiasing quality setting whose default value has been ramped-up recently?

Oh, and I'm using the GL backend.

Martin