Re: About dependency on python2

Message has been deleted

Projectitis

Jul 28, 2021, 1:47:01 AM7/28/21
to skia-discuss
I don't have python2, only python3. I replaced any reference to python2 with python, and it builds fine.

On Sunday, July 25, 2021 at 4:10:30 AM UTC+12 jackred...@gmail.com wrote:

Skia requires python2 to build. I have a few questions about this, as I have been playing with Skia for a while with a Rust library and I want to get more hands-on with it from C++:
  • Is this a bad thing? Python 2 is pretty much deprecated.
  • Is there any intent/incentive from the Skia development team to remove the dependency on Python 2 to build the library?
  • Will it be harder for me to build this library for usage in a C++ program?
Any help and hints much appreciated.