PSA: Skia now uses main as it’s default branch

Ravi Mistry

May 19, 2021, 4:57:20 PMMay 19
to skia-discuss
Hello Skia community,

The Skia repository now uses main as it’s default branch instead of master.

All open Gerrit changes have been moved over to main. If you have depot_tools in your PATH then running "git migrate-default-branch" will update your local client to the main branch.

If you have any questions or find any issues regarding this switch, then you can contact us by submitting a bug here.

Thanks!

Mike Reed

May 19, 2021, 4:58:03 PMMay 19
to skia-d...@googlegroups.com
nice work!

Ravi Mistry

May 25, 2021, 9:39:42 AMMay 25
to skia-discuss
Update: The master branch has been deleted. Please run "git fetch --prune" to remove your local copy of the deleted master.

If you have any questions or find any issues regarding this switch, then you can contact us by submitting a bug here.

Thanks!

mattl...@live.com

May 29, 2021, 11:05:10 PMMay 29
to skia-discuss
nice!

Not sure if it is related, but the GitHub mirror seems to be a bit behind with the latest branch being chrome/m89 and the main branch is still master.

Ravi Mistry

May 30, 2021, 4:28:06 PM (13 days ago) May 30
to skia-discuss
The default branch in Skia's GitHub mirror (https://github.com/google/skia) was updated to be main about a week ago.
Were you referring to a different mirror?

mattl...@live.com

May 31, 2021, 3:34:23 AM (13 days ago) May 31
to skia-discuss
Yes... My fork... What a fail. 🤣
Let me push. I think I went to the wrong place.