compile with vulkan

lemon Miao

Sep 21, 2022, 3:58:51 AM9/21/22
to skia-discuss
I config skia_use_vulkan = true to compile skia, after build, I use ldd to check libskia.so, but I don't find libvulkan.so, I don't understand how does skia use vulkan?

Greg Daniel

Sep 21, 2022, 7:02:02 AM9/21/22
to skia-discuss
Skia doesn't include vulkan in it's builds (besides headers). Instead, the client is responsible for including and setting up Vulkan in their own code. The client will do things like create the VkInstance, VkDecice, etc. They will then pass these into Skia along with a GetProc Skia can use to access Vulkan functions (see GrVkBackendContext).

In our internal test apps, we tend to dynamically load Vulkan (see VkTestUtils). However, the client is free to include Vulkan however they want. FWIW this is the same model Skia uses for GL.

On Wed, Sep 21, 2022, 3:58 AM lemon Miao <miaot...@gmail.com> wrote:
I config skia_use_vulkan = true to compile skia, after build, I use ldd to check libskia.so, but I don't find libvulkan.so, I don't understand how does skia use vulkan?

lemon Miao

Sep 22, 2022, 10:32:02 PM9/22/22
to skia-discuss
I don't find  VkTestUtils codes, Please tell me how to get them?