How to draw contents in mutiple thread?

sAsuKe

May 27, 2021, 1:42:57 AMMay 27
to skia-discuss
Hi, is there anyway that i can draw contents in multiple threads. I have a GrDirectContext object which is created using metal, is it possible to create multiple SkSurface objects in different threads and draw the contents concurrently.
Regards,
Praveenkumar R

Jim Van Verth

May 27, 2021, 9:35:15 AMMay 27
to skia-discuss
With a single GrDirectContext I don't think that would work -- we assume that you're building a single command stream at a time. You could probably make this work by creating separate GrDirectContexts using the same MTLDevice and different MTLQueues -- or maybe even the same MTLQueue if you're rendering to different surfaces -- but we haven't tried anything like that.

Jim Van Verth | Software Engineer | jvan...@google.com | 919-210-7664