What is the difference between Skia GL and OpenGL ES?

Min Z hu

Oct 29, 2021, 7:59:58 AM10/29/21
to skia-discuss
Hello
  I just started learning to rendering, and I have some questions, hoping to get answers
  I found that in the Android version, skiaGL is gradually used to replace GLES.I am not sure about the difference between skia, skiaGL and OpenGL ES.
  My understanding is that when we use the rendering pipeline of GLES, we call it hardware rendering, and when we use the rendering pipeline of Skia, we call it software rendering. So what does skiagl mean? Means Skia and Open GLES go to render the frame together?