How to build examples executable

Nikita Prokopov

Jan 11, 2022, 5:45:05 PM1/11/22
to skia-discuss
I feel I am missing something so obvious nobody even talks about it. How can I build sk_app, viewer or HelloWorld (or any other example, really) from Skia sources?

I am doing something like:

bin/gn gen out/Static --args='is_official_build=true cc="clang" cxx="clang++" skia_use_system_libjpeg_turbo=false skia_use_system_libwebp=false skia_use_system_icu=false skia_use_system_harfbuzz=false skia_use_system_libpng=false'

ninja -C out/Static

This produces lots of *.a files, but no executables. Where in here do I specify which example to build?

Thank you!

Ben Wagner

Jan 11, 2022, 5:53:35 PM1/11/22
to skia-d...@googlegroups.com
You should double check, but I'm pretty sure "is_official_build=true"
turns off basically everything but building the Skia library.

Kalen White

Jan 11, 2022, 7:28:41 PM1/11/22
to skia-d...@googlegroups.com
skia.gni: i think is_skia_standalone != is_official_build in logic.

I saw that a few months back, and since I only remember nonsense it was immediate.

Kalen
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/skia-discuss/CAE1kqqSYZHOD-JHV6tZr5cVjrvB2iZgviqFnMhkrbnznghEOuQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Nikita Prokopov

Jan 12, 2022, 8:40:54 AM1/12/22
to skia-discuss
> You should double check, but I'm pretty sure "is_official_build=true" turns off basically everything but building the Skia library.

That was it, thank you! For some reason I thought it was for disabling debug