Missing https://skia.googlesource.com/common.git?

mattl...@live.com

May 29, 2021, 11:01:51 PM5/29/21
to skia-discuss
Hey folks,

I am trying to build some slightly older versions of skia - both the ancient m80 and the not so old m88 - and I am getting an error with downloading the deps. Namely

I see in the master branch, that DEP no longer exists, but even the latest m89 still uses it. Was the code removed accidentally? Was it never used in the last 10 years? My local checkout does not seem have anything particularly useful. Looks to be a couple of python scripts. And the build seems to continue without it. I also notice the commit for that hasn't changed in a long time, so I suspect that it was not used in the recent branches?

Ravi Mistry

May 30, 2021, 4:40:52 PM5/30/21
to skia-discuss
The repo was archived because we thought it was unused and did not realize older versions of Skia still referred to it.

Sorry for the trouble!

mattl...@live.com

May 31, 2021, 3:32:51 AM5/31/21
to skia-discuss
Thanks.

I see my builds still succeeded if is just continued after the sync.
So I can confirm that at least for a general build that repo is not used.