Displaying Arabic strings with Shaper on Linux

Heidi Kurz

May 20, 2021, 3:30:06 AM5/20/21
to skia-discuss
Hi Together,

I implementing support for Arabic strings on Windows and on Linux.
It works on Windows now, but I have a problem with Linux.
The Shaper library use for unicode displaying a file called icudtl.dat .

I found this code in SkLoadICU.h to open icudtl.dat :

#if defined(_WIN32) && defined(SK_USING_THIRD_PARTY_ICU)
bool SkLoadICU();
#else
static inline bool SkLoadICU() { return true; }
#endif  // defined(_WIN32) && defined(SK_USING_THIRD_PARTY_ICU)

I asked me does Shaper only support Unicode on Windows and not on Linux?

Then I had a problem...
BR, Heidi

Ben Wagner

May 20, 2021, 10:01:54 AM5/20/21
to skia-d...@googlegroups.com
On Unix the data is built into the icu library and does not need to be
loaded separately. It would be nice to bundle the data into the shared
library on Windows as well, but no one has figured out a good clean
way to do that in our build.

Heidi Kurz

May 21, 2021, 2:54:48 AM5/21/21
to skia-discuss