Does CanvasKit support variable fonts?

FB

Jun 6, 2022, 10:52:34 AM6/6/22
to skia-discuss
Hi,

I just started using CanvasKit for a project and I was wondering if it supports variable fonts or not. Skia obviously does, but does CanvasKit? -- just by looking at the TypeScript definitions I would say no, but I thought I'd double check, as being able to use variable fonts would save me from having to pre-generate thousands of single instances (for combinations of the weight and width axis in the design space).

Thanks a log in advance!

FB

Ben Wagner

Jun 6, 2022, 11:26:21 AM6/6/22
to skia-d...@googlegroups.com
Hmmmm... yes, it looks like CanvasKit doesn't expose
SkTypeface::makeClone or one of the SkFontMgr::makeFrom* methods that
takes an SkFontArguments equivalent. We will probably want to add some
interface for this. Best would be to open an issue for adding this at
bugs.skia.org so we don't lose track.