Read from SVG support in Skia?

Ravi Arora

Apr 15, 2021, 1:57:08 PM4/15/21
to skia-discuss
Hi,
A group of us are working on Natron, the open-source compositor and wanted to understand to what extent Skia supports SVG. We wanted a library which almost completely supported SVGs since SVGs are what we want to base it on.

Any support or pointer would be appreciated, thanks!

Tyler Denniston

Apr 16, 2021, 11:56:34 AM4/16/21
to skia-d...@googlegroups.com
Skia's SVG frontend will likely never support the full SVG spec, which is quite large. Roughly speaking, we aim to support through section 15 (filter effects) of the SVG 1.1 specification: https://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/. That notably excludes all of the interactivity, scripting, and animation parts of SVG. If you find specific pieces of the spec that we do not implement, please file bugs at skbug.com and we'll take a look (no promises though).