How to draw image on a Maui Skia canvas?

Michael Shaffer

Jul 25, 2022, 9:38:43 AM7/25/22
to skia-discuss
Hi, does anyone know how to add an image (jpg, png, etc) to a Skia canvas in Windows? I read the documentation at:

and it says  "The PlatformImage type isn't supported on Windows." So, how is one supposed to load images to a Skia canvas in Windows?

The two libraries I'm using in my C# program are
Microsoft.Maui.Graphics;
Microsoft.Maui.Graphics.Skia;

I'm able to draw lines, circles, etc fine. I just can't get an image to load. I'm trying to put a satellite image on the canvas and then plot lines on top of it representing the direction of a detected sound source.

Thanks

Michael Shaffer

Jul 31, 2022, 7:13:20 PM7/31/22
to skia-discuss
Nevermind I guess. I decided to write the program as a console application instead. The refresh rate is a lot faster for performing sound localization.