Indirect mode off bug?

Brett Laniosh

Jan 26, 2021, 4:07:31 AM1/26/21
to SkEye Discussions + Announcements
Away from telescope, I double tap screen and hit "indirect mode" so that it is off
As I scan the map - I am asked if I want to insta-align objects?
Surely this should not happn if indirect mode is off?

Harshad RJ

Jan 26, 2021, 1:51:06 PM1/26/21
to SkEye
"Double tap screen and hitting indirect mode" shouldn't turn off indirect mode. It should show you the "Indirect mode dialog" from which you can add / remove alignments.

Currently, the only way to turn off the indirect mode, is to remove all alignments.

And as long as Indirect mode is active, you should see an icon light up in the left-bottom part of the screen.

If this is not the case, let me know.

Brett Laniosh

Jan 28, 2021, 5:02:39 AM1/28/21
to SkEye Discussions + Announcements
A feature request to have a indirect mode/offline mode toggle then.
I like to plan and prepare for my viewing when away from the telescope.
Perhaps a rather inefficient though not ideal workaround is to install the Pro version for indirect mode and the Lite version for when planning?

Harshad RJ

Jan 28, 2021, 1:07:34 PM1/28/21
to SkEye
On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 3:32 PM Brett Laniosh <br...@catshill.com> wrote:
A feature request to have a indirect mode/offline mode toggle then.

👍Yup, feel free to add to uservoice.

I like to plan and prepare for my viewing when away from the telescope.
Perhaps a rather inefficient though not ideal workaround is to install the Pro version for indirect mode and the Lite version for when planning?

Yeah; please manage with that in the short term. Until there is a proper option to toggle.