how to re-enable sound?

Grateful Frog

Nov 23, 2023, 9:39:25 PM11/23/23
to SkEye Discussions + Announcements
Hi,

I""'m very new here, but I had great oral advice, but then it stopped... Is there any way to re-enable it?

Also, is there a list of recent searches? If not that would be very helpful!

Thanks for a nice, tool!

Harshad RJ

Nov 23, 2023, 9:46:34 PM11/23/23
to sk...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

The voice instructions during search are still present. To turn them on, you need to click the top-left icon during search. The icon looks like a wave inside a chat bubble (my crude attempt at design).

I disabled the voice by default, because it took some people by surprise. Sometimes even waking their neighbours when the phone blurted "target acquired" in the middle of the night :)

Currently, there is no list of recent searches. It's a good idea, and I noticed that you have already added it to skeye.uservoice.com. Thanks! Will eventually get working on it.

best,
Harshad

Grateful Frog

Nov 25, 2023, 3:15:39 AM11/25/23
to sk...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Thanks for your kind reply.
I got the sound to work and understand what happened.
Apparently the zoom function on the vol button also changes the volume and I had lowered it to zero.
Disabling volume/zoom in the settings doesn't seem to work.

Another question, is there any way to get back to the initial screen?

Finally, I would like to buy or donate
 I love your idea and work so far. Also,
I am also a very strong developer and would happily help with the code, at no cost! I'm retired and work on lots of sw and hw projects.

Anyway thanks so much for your great tool which allowed me to find objects that I had been searching for with no success for ages!

Most gratefully,
Bob.

Harshad RJ

Nov 28, 2023, 12:44:04 PM11/28/23
to sk...@googlegroups.com
Hello Bob,

On Sat, Nov 25, 2023 at 1:45 PM Grateful Frog <gratef...@gmail.com> wrote:
Disabling volume/zoom in the settings doesn't seem to work.

Ah, thanks for reporting this. Will fix it in the next update.

Another question, is there any way to get back to the initial screen?

The hardware back button on your phone should do that? The map screen doesn't have space for a back button in the UI, so I didn't add it. Maybe I could add a menu entry for going back.

Finally, I would like to buy or donate

Thanks. The free version has a contribute button in the About dialog. And there's the Pro version as well.

 I love your idea and work so far. Also,
I am also a very strong developer and would happily help with the code, at no cost! I'm retired and work on lots of sw and hw projects.

That's great, thanks. It will be difficult to collaborate right now, but will ping you if that becomes possible.

clear skies,

Ray Andrews

Nov 28, 2023, 1:04:14 PM11/28/23
to sk...@googlegroups.com

On 2023-11-28 09:43, Harshad RJ wrote:
Hello Bob,

On Sat, Nov 25, 2023 at 1:45 PM Grateful Frog <gratef...@gmail.com> wrote:
Disabling volume/zoom in the settings doesn't seem to work.

Ah, thanks for reporting this. Will fix it in the next update.

Another question, is there any way to get back to the initial screen?
I'm glad to see someone else mention that.  I tend to think all  my difficulties are due to my general ignorance of Android.  I find I have to use the 'hardware back button' but that sometimes breaks me right out of SkEye.  Seems to me there should be an 'internal' way of going back so that you never need worry about breaking out to the OS.

Harshad RJ

Jan 15, 2024, 12:03:23 AMJan 15
to sk...@googlegroups.com
Ray,

On Tue, Nov 28, 2023 at 11:34 PM Ray Andrews <rayan...@eastlink.ca> wrote:
I find I have to use the 'hardware back button' but that sometimes breaks me right out of SkEye.

Please do report if the back button unexpectedly "backs out too much". I have been rewriting the entire UI over the last two years, and I might miss a navigation detail at times.

Incidentally, I am rolling out a new release today which should fix the back button navigation for Map settings.

Seems to me there should be an 'internal' way of going back so that you never need worry about breaking out to the OS.

Ideally, yes. But sometimes the UI is cramped for space.