Wiced Firmware 5.2

Harshad RJ

Mar 6, 2017, 6:30:42 AM3/6/17
to SkEye
Hey Wiced users, here's another firmware update. I recommend upgrading, especially for Sense 2.

Changes:
  • Increase the magneto resolution for Sense 1 and for Sense 2. Because, why not!
  • Bring Sense2 magneto in tune with what SkEye expects:
    • Change the scale to 8 gauss from 16 gauss. Will prevent suprious "magnetic field warning" in SkEye
    • Increase the data rate to 20Hz from .625 Hz

Back story:

My Sense 2 arrived on Saturday (thanks again, Brewster). I quickly did some experiments over the weekend and tweaked the firmware of Sense2. Adrian helped test the changes. We both have developed fixtures to test the azimuth in different directions.

There's also a small tweak to SkEye coming soon. Will reduce jitter on some phones when connected to Wiced Sense. (One utility function provided by Android is pedantic on some phones. I implemented a custom version of that function, so it should be now consistent on all phones).

best,

andre....@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2019, 10:14:56 PM1/14/19
to SkEye Discussions + Announcements
Hello Harshad,

Where did you get from the source for version 5.2 of the firmware? Is this the one that came with Wiced Sense SDK 2.2.2 or 2.2.3?

Thanks,
Andre

Harshad RJ

Jan 15, 2019, 12:08:47 AM1/15/19
to SkEye
Hi Andre,

It is very likely based on version 2.2.3, according to the changelog.txt file in the sources. But it's been a long time; so take that with a pinch of salt. (I might have downloaded the latest version but not actually used it, etc).

best,
Harshad