Version 1.2.4 is out

Alfred Wassermann

Jul 8, 2016, 5:30:24 AM7/8/16
to sketchometry

Version 1.2.4 comes with the new languages Czech, Norsk, Suomi, and Traditional Chinese. It improves stroke recognition, zooming and audio support. Further, the user interface has been slightly simplified. The most important bug fixes are: cloud support and check boxes in the property dialog.

Enjoy sketchometry!

The sketchometry-Team

Martin Vraspir

Aug 24, 2016, 4:59:54 PM8/24/16
to sketchometry
Tried to install it from the Store, got an error message (0x80070057). Tried on both Surface Pro 3 (Win 10) and Surface Pro 4 (Win 10 Anniv. Update), same error.

Matthias Ehmann

Aug 25, 2016, 2:57:33 AM8/25/16
to sketch...@googlegroups.com
Dear Martin,

thank you for pointing out this problem.
It seems to be a problem with Microsoft's WIndows Store server.
We will contact them to solve the problem.

Best regards

Matthias

Dr. Matthias Ehmann
Fachgebiet Didaktik der Informatik
Gebäude Angewandte Informatik
Universität Bayreuth

95440 Bayreuth

Tel +49 921 55 7657
Fax + 49 921 55 7655

Matthias Ehmann

Aug 26, 2016, 2:09:08 AM8/26/16
to sketch...@googlegroups.com
Dear Martin,

the problem should be solved now.
Please try to install again.

Kind regards

Matthias

František Svoboda

Sep 25, 2016, 3:42:16 AM9/25/16
to sketchometry
Hi,

thanks for this lovely app. However, I discovered a strange thing while sketching a triangle as shown bellow. The dimensions of side AB and AC are off :(
I started with a task where only the BC side (30 units) and the α angle (3.5°) was known.

I then calculated the AB side using the tangent function like so:

opposite side / adjacent side = tan(3.5°)

30/x = tan(3.5°)

30/x = 0.06116                 # × x

30 = 0.06116x                  # × 100,000

3,000,000 = 6116x            # ÷ 6,116

490.51 = x

This calculation says AB side should be 490.51 units long, but the sketch shows 484 units.

Matthias Ehmann

Sep 25, 2016, 5:36:15 AM9/25/16
to sketch...@googlegroups.com
Dear Frantisek,

thank you for your post.

Could you increase the number of decimal places for measurements in the settings menu and check the value of angle α?

Kind regards

Matthias

František Svoboda

Sep 25, 2016, 6:08:30 AM9/25/16
to sketch...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, yes, it was the imprecision in all of the values (lengths and angles), rounded so that they looked nice, but weren't. After showing more decimal places I fixed the geometry and it now adds up. :)

If I may add a few observations:
- it would be nice if the mouse scroll wheel would zoom in/out just like Google maps do
- ability to set some dimension by hand (right angles are a good example), making it precise, otherwise I have to zoom a lot and try to move the mouse by a millimeter and I still get some decimal impressions

Thanks

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sketchometry" group.