Location found and reserved at the Tivoli!

1 view

Reed

May 3, 2007, 3:19:50 PM5/3/07
to skept...@googlegroups.com
With huge thanks to Misty, we've secured a location for the inaugural skepticamp!

Ignore my earlier over-pessimistic estimate.  When we toured, they had the place set up for a group of 70!

The Psychology Research Club (Group?) at Metro State will be our co-host for the event.  Or something like that.

Pics attached.

DSCN1058.jpg
DSCN1059.jpg
DSCN1060.jpg
DSCN1065.jpg

Rich Ludwig

May 3, 2007, 6:04:14 PM5/3/07
to skept...@googlegroups.com
Very nice.  I doubt Alchol will be served for you Reed.  does mean we have actually reserved it or that you guys like it and are in that process?

Reed Esau

May 3, 2007, 6:22:22 PM5/3/07
to SkeptiCamp
The space is fully reserved. Because it is reserved by our co-hosting
organization (Metro State Psychology Research Group) there will be no
fee. And because there is no fee, I didn't want to let the
opportunity pass us by, so I asked Misty to jump at it.

We apparently have a choice of chairs-only or chairs with tables. We
opted for the former, though that can likely change. Current estimate
is 40, but that too can be changed to get more furniture.

I neglected to ask if there's WiFi available. Misty, any idea?

Regarding the absence of alcohol at the bar, it's no problem. On
Friday and Saturday night there will be plenty of opportunity to
drink!

Reed

On May 3, 4:04 pm, "Rich Ludwig" <rich.lud...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Very nice. I doubt Alchol will be served for you Reed. does mean we have
> actually reserved it or that you guys like it and are in that process?
>

> On 5/3/07, Reed <smoket...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > With huge thanks to Misty, we've secured a location for the inaugural
> > skepticamp!
>
> > Ignore my earlier over-pessimistic estimate. When we toured, they had the
> > place set up for a group of 70!
>
> > The Psychology Research Club (Group?) at Metro State will be our co-host
> > for the event. Or something like that.
>
> > Pics attached.
>

> --
> - Rich

Rich Ludwig

May 3, 2007, 7:22:03 PM5/3/07
to skept...@googlegroups.com
Great this will be good to post on the forums. Tonight I will be doing more posting I have been busy this week as our Audit, next week. They told me on Friday half of this week I would be attending an Adobe acrobat class.  Playing catch up so the forum posting was post poned.

LOVE THE NEWS! GOOD JOB GUYS!  Elaine said it best this thing is starting to roll.  (not an exact quote)

- Rich

Misty White

May 4, 2007, 12:27:50 AM5/4/07
to skept...@googlegroups.com
Yep on the WiFi.  I think we can have alcohol too, I'll check.

Misty

Reed Esau

May 4, 2007, 1:12:27 AM5/4/07
to SkeptiCamp
WiFi in the caverns? Very nice.

Don't worry about checking on the alcohol. While I love the stuff, I'd
rather not get entangled with the liability concerns and instead keep
the focus on the sessions. After we wrap we can head over to Nallens
where I can abuse my liver.

However, I'm thinking we will want to change the scheduled time to
allow for preparation and setup. Could I impose on you to get the
reservations changed from 5p-10p on that Friday and from 8a-6p Sat,
whenever it is convenient for you to do so?

Reed

On May 3, 10:27 pm, "Misty White" <misty.m.wh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yep on the WiFi. I think we can have alcohol too, I'll check.
>
> Misty
>

> On 5/3/07, Rich Ludwig <rich.lud...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Great this will be good to post on the forums. Tonight I will be doing
> > more posting I have been busy this week as our Audit, next week. They
> > told me on Friday half of this week I would be attending an Adobe
> > acrobat class. Playing catch up so the forum posting was post poned.
>
> > LOVE THE NEWS! GOOD JOB GUYS! Elaine said it best this thing is starting
> > to roll. (not an exact quote)

Misty White

May 4, 2007, 1:45:30 AM5/4/07
to skept...@googlegroups.com
Reed, I'll give them a call about changing times tomorrow.  Regarding the WiFi, I know I've seen others down there using it. Let me double check...I'll be back on campus on Saturday, will let you know after then.

Misty

Misty White

May 4, 2007, 1:48:25 AM5/4/07
to skept...@googlegroups.com
Reed, I'm going to talk to someone at the school as well to see about getting the event on the calenders on campus and maybe send out an a campus, or at least psychology department, wide email.  A couple of my fellow research clubbers are intersted in it as well.  Although one was wondering about having to participate or if she can just attend and listen to lectures.  I told her I was sure it would be okay but that I'd check with you first.

Misty

Reed Esau

May 4, 2007, 6:11:35 PM5/4/07
to SkeptiCamp
Misty,

As far as showing up to passively listen to the talks, I suspect we'll
be relaxed about that so as to not scare away the merely curious. So
it's okay. We'll likely have more sessions than time, so not everyone
will be doing a presentation in any case.

However, this type of event thrives on participation where we should
be trying to encourage attendees to help in some way, whether it's
leading a talk, assisting on a talk, sitting on a panel, serving food,
helping with registration, troubleshooting A/V, etc.

Reed