Larger SkeptiCamp ?!?!

Rich Ludwig

May 14, 2008, 4:00:26 PM5/14/08
to skept...@googlegroups.com, elaine gilman, thadd...@comcast.net, Richard Berg, patrick....@comcast.net, cle...@comcast.net, jmfor...@hotmail.com, budd...@yahoo.com, dave.r...@earthlink.net, Joseph Albietz, ro...@4dv.net, micah.c...@gmail.com, laura.s...@gmail.com, glre...@hotmail.com, cicadaar...@yahoo.com, mpos...@hotmail.com, nancy...@yahoo.com, bark...@comcast.net, howyo...@hotmail.com, Rich Orman, Amy Phillips, Crystal Yates-White, Philip Plait, ele...@intionline.net, jhwat...@gmail.com, fwha...@gmail.com, Reed Esau, Jay Bon, Brian Hertzke, meal...@hotmail.com, chelse...@yahoo.com, kats...@gmail.com, chris...@yahoo.com, ha...@derycke.com, glen....@gmail.com, advic...@yahoo.com, Arthur Ketcham, tyler...@gmail.com
Hello everyone on this SkeptiCamp mailing list.

The second Colorado Camp was great and we increased the turn out quite a bit, got a sponsor, and got an other group to put one on, the BC Skeptics.  Now I would like to attract more and have different and more options in the next SkeptiCamp.  I think in the Fall or next spring would be a good time to have our next event.  Some goals I have for the next camp:  create a board to help organize, raise funds, and brainstorm; get 100 people to turn out; have round table discussions; entertainment/party.  Also with SkeptiCamp  we would like to show that others are capable of putting on a SkeptiCamp, ie another person to head up the event.  If you want to help out with this next Skepticamp Please email me and we will get a group together and start planning the next one.  I would like it to be a full weekend and make it a supper blast for all.

--
- Rich

Reed Esau

May 22, 2008, 1:05:28 AM5/22/08
to SkeptiCamp
I vote for sometime this coming winter, perhaps again in March 2009.
Having them occur too often (more than annually, i.e.) in one region
could dilute their impact, I fear.

A larger turnout would be great and is very possible with efforts to
reach out beyond the immediate group.

I'll be available to assist in putting it together, whenever it does
happen.