Newbie Request for Information - Style of Manage Buttons etc

1 view

plw

Jun 2, 2009, 8:52:08 PM6/2/09
to Skeletonz CMS
OK, I freely admit I'm both new to:
- CSS itself (I've worked through most of the w3schools tutrial,
have no problem with it, but no real-world experience)
- skeletonz itself (I haven't read the code).

However, I have experimented with the eisting styles and templates,
made a number of changes that more or less did what I expected.

My question is about the Manage facility for logged-in users (and
similar buttons). How do you change their appearance / style ? If I'm
developing a complete package for a client, I want these links to have
the same look as the rest of the site. I can't seem to find where this
is set.

From the code I have read, it appears to me that these are inserted by
javascript depending upon the logged in state. However, I can't seem
to find any easily modifiable code that allows me to re-style these
elements. Can anyone shed any light ?

What would be really great is if anyone has any notes on which
elements on a page are controlled by which css classes/ids/whatever -
I recognise I can reshape all this myself, but knowing what are the
"standard" portions would be a great start. If possible I'd like to
stick with the structures the original code uses.

Anyone have anything they can offer ?

(BTW - thanks so much for skeletonz - it scratches so many of the
ithes I had - light, css-capable, plugins, and python-based is always
a bonus).

plw

plw

Jun 4, 2009, 9:31:33 AM6/4/09
to Skeletonz CMS
OK, I've read more code etc, and have found something that seems to
work - the styles for objects with id "CMS_link"
that are set in skeletonz/static/styles/action_links.css.

While this seems to work OK, I'm a little hesitant about simply
altering such a file. While from what I can see Skeletonz
is not intended to serve multiple sites/domains from the one instance,
this placement does mean that the selections made
here affect all templates. Am I missing something or is there no
"template-local" means of altering these styles ?

Thanks,

plw