MySQL setup on Linux - Login, Password and Prefix

Leo

Oct 9, 2008, 5:31:52 AM10/9/08
to Skeletonz CMS
I'm a little confused about the MySQL setup needed with Seletonz. In
the past, I've used hosting companies servers and have added user
names and passwords. How does this work if I'm doing it locally?
I also need some info about what the prefix thing is.

PS. I have already managed to create a Skeletonz DB with MySQL

Leo

Oct 9, 2008, 5:34:21 PM10/9/08
to Skeletonz CMS
BTW, Here is my error dump...
I'm guessing the DeprecationWarning is just a warning and not an
error. Also, the traceback is just reporting performance analysis and
is also not an error (right?).

As for the MySQL error at the end, I get the same if I save a password
in general_config.py (only it says YES instead of NO).

leke@leke-desktop:~/cms/skeletonz$ python launch_server.py
/home/leke/cms/skeletonz/amilib/simplejson/scanner.py:6:
DeprecationWarning: The sre module is deprecated, please import re.
from sre import VERBOSE, MULTILINE, DOTALL
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "launch_server.py", line 11, in <module>
server.startServer()
File "/home/leke/cms/skeletonz/skeletonz/server.py", line 230, in
startServer
wsgi_app = setupWSGIApp()
File "/home/leke/cms/skeletonz/skeletonz/server.py", line 149, in
setupWSGIApp
amiweb.setUpConnection()
File "/home/leke/cms/skeletonz/amilib/amiweb/amiweb.py", line 140,
in setUpConnection
thread_data.db = db_pool.getConnection()
File "/home/leke/cms/skeletonz/amilib/amiweb/amidb.py", line 676, in
getConnection
con = self.pool.do_get()
File "/home/leke/cms/skeletonz/amilib/sqlalchemy/pool.py", line 306,
in do_get
return self.create_connection()
File "/home/leke/cms/skeletonz/amilib/sqlalchemy/pool.py", line 91,
in create_connection
return _ConnectionRecord(self)
File "/home/leke/cms/skeletonz/amilib/sqlalchemy/pool.py", line 129,
in __init__
self.connection = self.__connect()
File "/home/leke/cms/skeletonz/amilib/sqlalchemy/pool.py", line 153,
in __connect
connection = self.__pool._creator()
File "/home/leke/cms/skeletonz/amilib/amiweb/amidb.py", line 672, in
<lambda>
self.createConnection = lambda: createConnection(dbinfo)
File "/home/leke/cms/skeletonz/amilib/amiweb/amidb.py", line 648, in
createConnection
host=dbinfo.host)
File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/MySQLdb/__init__.py", line
74, in Connect
return Connection(*args, **kwargs)
File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/MySQLdb/connections.py",
line 170, in __init__
super(Connection, self).__init__(*args, **kwargs2)
_mysql_exceptions.OperationalError: (1045, "Access denied for user
'leke'@'localhost' (using password: NO)")
leke@leke-desktop:~/cms/skeletonz$

boomroker

Oct 10, 2008, 6:33:46 AM10/10/08
to Skeletonz CMS
Did you create the user leke on the database?

If yes make sure you gave that user full permissions on the database
as well.

I use phpmyadmin... makes things like this VERY easy.
Let me know if you get it right

Leo

Oct 10, 2008, 5:02:01 PM10/10/08
to Skeletonz CMS
Success! It was very easy. I just had to find the right noob mysql
tutorial.

This is what I used:
http://www.webdevelopersnotes.com/tutorials/sql/installing_mysql_on_linux.php3
and the page:
http://www.webdevelopersnotes.com/tutorials/sql/mysql_primer_creating_a_database.php3
should get anyone else up to speed with setting up MySQL locally.