Drawn And Quartered Hail Infernal Darkness Rar

Darci Carlton

Dec 4, 2023, 7:58:02 PM12/4/23
to SKAT and MetaSKAT user group

1588 was a momentous year for England. In late July the Spanish Armada was defeated by a combination of poor weather, poor strategy, and English attacks. Just the year before, the Catholic Mary, Queen of Scots, had been executed for her collusion in the Babington Plot to overthrow the Protestant Queen Elizabeth I and install herself as monarch, backed by an invading Spanish army. So 1588 might seem a curious time for William Byrd, a composer with known Catholic sympathies, to publish a song collection. Particularly one containing the song "Why do I use my paper, ink and pen?" which sets a poem by Henry Walpole mourning the martyrdom of Jesuit missionary Edmund Campion, who was hanged, drawn and quartered for sedition in 1581.

drawn and quartered hail infernal darkness rar

DOWNLOAD https://cinurl.com/2wIb53

eebf2c3492