GPU unavailable Log - Nvidia cuda_10.2.89, KinectRuntime-v1.8

Константин К

Jan 12, 2022, 9:21:53 AMJan 12
to Skanect
INFO: Starting Skanect 1.10.2 (64 bits)
INFO: Configuration file: C:/Users/RonHuk67/AppData/Roaming/ManCTL/Skanect.ini
INFO: License configuration file: C:/Users/RonHuk67/AppData/Roaming/ManCTL/SkanectLicense.ini
INFO: Number of CUDA devices: 1
INFO: Device 0:  "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti"  7125Mb / 8192Mb
WARNING: Can't determine number of cores. Unknown SM version 8.6!
INFO: Device 0: sm_86, 3072 cores
INFO: Device 0: Driver/Runtime ver.11.50/10.0
INFO: CUDA major: 8
INFO: CUDA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti, global memory: 8191M
INFO: CUDA device specs seem ok.
ERROR: Cannot initialize tracker: no kernel image is available for execution on the device
WARNING: Can't determine number of cores. Unknown SM version 8.6!
ERROR: Cannot use FusionTracker: no kernel image is available for execution on the device
WARNING: Could NOT instanciate a GPU fusion, disabled.
INFO: License type: FREE
WARNING: Can't determine number of cores. Unknown SM version 8.6!
INFO: Trying Structure Core backend
INFO: Number of connected sensors detected: 0
INFO: Structure Core: no devices detected
INFO: No support for Kinect One SDK.
INFO: Initializing Kin4Win driver

INFO: Number of Kinect for Windows devices found: 1.
INFO: OpenNI2: Number of devices: 0
INFO: No support for softkinetic, skipping.
INFO: [Kinect 8ae08ac0] connecting

ERROR: Kinect for Windows device not supported.

Tobby Ryan

Jan 25, 2022, 3:42:54 PMJan 25
to Skanect
The 3xxx series gpu is not supported as it is CUDA 12. They have not added support in the mix. Last i heard they claim that a CPU that supports a 3xxx RTX should be fast enough to scan with CPU.
fyi, there is a 1.11 out as well
Tobby

Michael McIntire

Apr 6, 2022, 9:08:39 AMApr 6
to Skanect
I ran into this too. It's sad, I havent used the pro software in a long time and I was excited to try it out again now that I finally have an rtx 3000 series. Looking around on the developer site it appears this project might be dead as well?

Tobby Ryan

Apr 30, 2022, 2:13:06 PMApr 30
to Skanect
The software does not support the 3000 series. i believe it supports up to the 2000 series and stops. They stated that CPU should still work and should be ample to work with a computer that supports a 3000 series gpu